Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill my pistol fit?Will my pistol fit?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/1/2011 4:37 PM

This thread is all about answering the question, "will my XXX pistol fit in the Kit Bag?". So, chime in with which specific pistol or magazine setup you've carried in a Kit Bag -- but only if it isn't already listed in previous posts. I'm just looking for one comprehensive list without duplicates. I'll start with ones I know about:

• 5" 1911 with 10 round magazine and TLR1 weapon light
  • 4" S&W N-frame
  • 4" Taurus tracker
  • 5" M&P pro with TLR1
  • 4 5/8" M&P .45acp with TLR1
  • (3) 30 round p-mag AR magazines sticking out of the top
  • (2) 20 round .308 mags
  • 4" Ruger Redhawk
  • 51/2" Ruger Bisley Blackhawk with round butted grip frame

Thanks!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
4/1/2011 8:44 PM

• Glocks...any of them.  With or without a TLR2.

New Post
4/1/2011 9:37 PM

• S&W 629 6" Classic Rem. 44 Mag (snug fit with factory rubber grip)

Mine is currently topped off with a fixed 4x Leupold scope. The rear of the scope only pokes out of the top a smidgeon.

Hmmmm...this HPG Kit Bag + 629 Classic combo has got me thinking about using it for late August black bear medicine while scouting for mulies in the highcountry.

New Post
7/22/2014 5:43 AM

posted for husky390:

Original Snubby bag,

Para LDA Carry 45 fits with room to spare

Ruger Alaskan's butt will stick out a little and the zipper can catch on the hammer spur but it fits

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/23/2014 10:55 PM

Scott,
My apologies, the bag is the Snubby, not the Original Snubby. I didn't realize there was two different models but it appears they share the same dimensions width and height wise so I believe the fit would be the same.

New Post
8/8/2014 8:43 PM

My new 5.5 inch Ruger Redhawk, 44 mag, just barely crams in my standard kit bag. But it does fit. I was happily surprised.

New Post
11/14/2014 7:59 AM

My OP Snubby KB holds either my Glock 19 or my Sig 1911 CCO style. I doubt a 1911 Commander with a full size grip would fit.

"The time has come to stand for all we believe in..." Hillsong United

New Post
1/20/2016 5:23 PM

In my Original Kit Bag I have tested and/or carried the following pistols:

* S&W Model 625 with 5" barrel (N-Frame, just barely fits)
* Browning Hi Power
* Beretta M9 with 20 round Mec Gar magazine, and a spare MG 20 rounder held in place with a Maxpedition universal holster (basically a Velcro-backed loop)
* CZ P-09 with Rogers Rail Light and a spare mag in the Maxpedition holster
* S&W M&P Shield 9 with a spare 8 round mag in the Maxpedition holster

Dave Markowitz

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill my pistol fit?Will my pistol fit?