Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralALONE:Does anybody watch?ALONE:Does anybody watch?
Previous

Next
New Post
6/16/2016 6:22 PM

Pretty much the only thing I am watching on TV when I can.  Very interesting to me.  On the history channel, this is season 2.  Half way through the season almost. l watched season 1 also.  I have looked at all the contestants load outs, evaluated before the show started and seeing what is actually working for them.  

http://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast

My apologies if this is inappropriate discussion.  Just thought I would see if anybody had any opinions or cared to discuss, not interested in breaking decorum here, though.  

Lug1.... If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength?

New Post
6/16/2016 6:37 PM

I really doubt you are breaking a "rule", but it's good that you actually are thinking about that.

Yes, I definitely watch it.  As a matter of fact, an old buddy of mine from my past Special Forces career lives only a mile from last year's winner, Alan Kay.  He and I conversed over emails and then later met for a face to face grip & grin & chat session at the SHOT Show this past January.  I talked with he and his wife when they stopped into the Hill People Gear / SOLKOA booth.  He's a very humble and genuine guy. I was glad he was the one that won last season.  He also did noble things with that $500k.  He took care of an eye issue that his son had, set up his dad so that he wouldn't have to work anymore, and put the rest into paying down his home mortgage.  Very thoughtful guy with a lot of skills.  I'm enjoying the season this year, but have seen some rather avoidable mistakes and injuries.  That said, I think the show is legit and I think the participants are pretty dang tough.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/16/2016 6:43 PM

David is talking on a forum about things that are up to date on the show. He won't reveal anything to come. Not a member of that forum, got linked into it. I will have to find it and post. Explains some stuff and some reasoning. I believe it is legit also. He explains that some people look dumb in some situations because with all the hours recorded it boils down to the editing. You don't necessarily see what happened before the person was tired and hungry and got lazy. Gave some meaningful perspective.

Things like the ax to the thumb and choosing a down bag in those conditions have puzzled me.

Oh yea, we had a group watching at work, devoted to it, last season.  Alan was my pick from episode 1.  I was fired up for him.  He had what it took mentally.  The kid in 2nd was awesome, he just needed a couple more years of wisdom.  

I got Jose this year.

Lug1.... If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength?

New Post
6/18/2016 1:14 AM

I'm also going for Jose. I think he has the mentality and definitely has the skills. I really liked both of the contestants that tapped out not last episode but the previous. They were legit guys and found what they were looking for in their time alone. I'm really in  awe of their skills. Very cool stuff.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralALONE:Does anybody watch?ALONE:Does anybody watch?