Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralMan survives grizzly bear attackMan survives grizzly bear attack
Previous

Next
New Post
10/3/2016 4:42 PM

Did anyone hear about this guy?  Todd Orr sounds like a very tough ole guy.  It also shows the Bear Mace isn't always as effective as people would hope.

New Post
10/3/2016 4:58 PM

I forgot to add the link in the original post, so here it is:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grizzly-bear-attack-todd-orr-montana-twice-bloody-facebook-video/

What are everyone's thoughts?

New Post
10/3/2016 6:43 PM

Yep.  Seen it.  Tough dude, but I hope in the future he carries a big bore pistol in addition to the bear spray.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
10/3/2016 6:56 PM

I know a dude that hikes The Bob with a .45 and a shorty 12ga.

New Post
10/5/2016 3:31 PM

My bro and I just got back from an uneventful hunting trip. But we did see a mountain lion around dusk while we were chilling in the forest. I know it's not the same thing, but it bugged him enough that he made us move.

New Post
10/5/2016 7:08 PM

I heard from friends in Missoula that he had a handgun but chose not to use it.

Like has been said in earlier posts, either way one tough man.

New Post
10/6/2016 7:03 AM

I first saw this on Facebook. In his story from his own page, he did in fact have a handgun. He went for it after his second attack and found that his chest holster and gun had been torn from his body. One tough and lucky guy!
You can read about his experience in his own words, on his Facebook page.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralMan survives grizzly bear attackMan survives grizzly bear attack