A slim and trim insulated water bottle holster. It mounts directly to PALS with an integrated mounting system that is lightweight and offers "sewn on" performance. Features include:
GI 1qt size
- Sized for use with the GI 1qt canteen size. This is the best shape for carrying a quart of water bar none. Nalgene produces a very nice canteen to the same dimensions called the Oasis.
- Will not fit a standard 1qt nalgene.
- Will not fit a canteen cup
- 3oz weight
- Bungy retainer
- Takes 3 channels and 2 rows
- Perfect for mounting on your waist belt, or the bottom sides of your pack
- Can serve as a "wand pocket" for packs that don't have them
3" / 16 oz size
- Designed for use with the "bike bottle" size. This is the size that will fit 16oz nalgenes, 16oz gatorade bottles, tall and short bike bottles, and many off the shelf disposable water bottles.
- 3oz weight
- Bungy and cordlock adjustable retainer
- Takes 2 channels and 2 rows
- Good for those situations where PALS space is at a premium, or a 1qt is just too much
Mounting Bottle Holsters
Step 1 - Hold the holster upside down and thread the metal tri - bars through the PALS slot. In some cases, you may need a pair of needle nose pliers to thread them through.
Step 2 - Flip the holster over so it is right side up on top of the metal tri - bars.
Step 3 - Fasten the slik clips to the pals on either side of the holster. Be careful during this step. This is the only time that we've ever seen slik clips break - trying to thread them through something when they're open.