Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGLimited Runs 2Limited Runs 2
Previous

Next
New Post
4/27/2014 12:57 PM

bigpoppadoc wrote

I would like to add 1 more Multicam Recon.

Also I have questions about modifications.  I would like to have a section of elastic material on the straps to allow tighter fit without causing discomfort.  I'd also like to see an option for some level 3A soft armor instead of the quilted padding.  No harm in asking I suppose.

Other than that, my coyote Recon has become an absolutely indispensible piece of kit.  I had looked high and low for a setup like this for concealed carry on the trail, and nothing compares to your kit bags.  

Get a runners Kit/strap. I think this will give you the tighter fit you are looking for.

New Post
4/30/2014 12:11 PM

HPG Highlander pack with shoulder harness.

Black

New Post
4/30/2014 1:06 PM

Scot or Evan - how about a Tara in Foliage and Stone, to match my Umlindi.

Craig

New Post
4/30/2014 7:59 PM

HPG Highlander, Tarahumara, harness  and kit bag (or any combination of these)

Kryptek highlander 

Just moved to a very hot, dry climate and any these would work a lot better than my current foliage items!

New Post
4/30/2014 9:43 PM

allencla wrote

HPG Highlander, Tarahumara, harness  and kit bag (or any combination of these)

Kryptek highlander 

Just moved to a very hot, dry climate and any these would work a lot better than my current foliage items!

Tara's are available in Highlander right now. http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/BuyOnline/LimitedRuns/tabid/940/Default.aspx  

New Post
5/1/2014 10:09 PM

bigpoppadoc wrote

I would like to add 1 more Multicam Recon.

Also I have questions about modifications.  I would like to have a section of elastic material on the straps to allow tighter fit without causing discomfort.  I'd also like to see an option for some level 3A soft armor instead of the quilted padding.  No harm in asking I suppose.

Other than that, my coyote Recon has become an absolutely indispensible piece of kit.  I had looked high and low for a setup like this for concealed carry on the trail, and nothing compares to your kit bags.  

One more for the multi-cam recon.  I missed the last run.

New Post
5/3/2014 8:51 AM

Can you say anything about the ripstop material used in this two tone tara

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/1916/ProductID/128/Default.aspx

How's the durability compared to 500d cordura?

New Post
5/3/2014 10:18 AM

lf wrote

Can you say anything about the ripstop material used in this two tone tara

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/1916/ProductID/128/Default.aspx

How's the durability compared to 500d cordura?

I don't have full specs on either fabric. Remember that the denier is a pretty significant factor (perhaps the most significant factor). So I'm guessing that worst case scenario, the 400d packcloth has 80% of the strength characteristics of the 500d cordura. Based on handling and examining the two, I would expect the packcloth to be MORE resistant to cuts and tears than the cordura, a little bit less abrasion resistant (10%?) than the cordura, and slightly more likely to rip out at the seams than the cordura. I think the 400d far exceeds the durability requirements of something as small as a Tarahumara. If you are planning on completely filling the Tarahumara with lead shot on a regular basis, I would go for a full 500d one. Anything short of that and I don't think you're giving up anything with the 500d cordura / 400d ripstop combo.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
5/5/2014 12:18 AM

Attache Case in black. 

Fits-in better in an office environment, compared to Ranger or Foliage.

New Post
5/6/2014 10:58 PM

Would like to see a regular kit bag in stone. 

New Post
5/9/2014 9:53 AM

Kryptek highlander or mandrake kit bag or a mandrake Tara, although people seem to not like mandrake for some reason.

New Post
5/9/2014 11:51 AM

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/9/2014 5:20 PM

Yeah, I ordered the Kryptek Highlander Tara already, but maybe there will be a matching kit bag some day. 

Finding gear I like in Mandrake is harder.

New Post
5/12/2014 8:12 AM

Just ordered a Tara in kryptek highlander. I would like a kit bag (any) in kryptek highlander also.

New Post
5/12/2014 8:28 PM

I would go in for a Multicam Tarahumara.  I've got a feeling that if I were rocking one of those on my upcoming trips, it would spark interest in more wanting them, as that the personnel I'll be interfacing with will be wearing MC uniforms and using a good bit of MC kit.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/14/2014 3:40 PM

1 multicam Recon

New Post
5/20/2014 6:43 PM

Black recon and tarahumara

New Post
5/30/2014 8:48 AM

Multicam Tara 

New Post
5/30/2014 5:57 PM

NWOutlier wrote

HPG Highlander pack with shoulder harness.

Black

Whoops!  I meant HPG Tara, NOT highlander, with the shoulder harness in BLACK...

New Post
6/20/2014 1:02 PM

Original Pattern Snubby Kit Bag in black.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGLimited Runs 2Limited Runs 2