By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. You are able to update your settings at any time.

Cookie Policy

A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser, and then subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember things that a browser had done there in the past, which can include having clicked particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.

Strictly Necessary Cookies

These cookies cannot be disabled

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off. They are normally set in response to your interactions on the website e.g. logging in etc.

Cookies:
  • .ASPXANONYMOUS
  • .DOTNETNUKE
  • __RequestVerificationToken
  • authentication
  • CV_Portal
  • CV_Store_Portal_Cart_21
  • CV_USER
  • dnn_IsMobile
  • language
  • LastPageId
  • NADevGDPRCookieConsent_portal_21
  • userBrowsingCookie

Performance Cookies

These cookies allow us to monitor traffic to our website so we can improve the performance and content of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited or how you navigated around our website.

Cookies:
  • _ga
  • _gat
  • _gid

Functional Cookies

These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and content. They may be set by the website or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.

Cookies:

Currently we are not utilizing these types of cookies on our site.

Targeting Cookies

These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.

Cookies:

Currently we are not utilizing these types of cookies on our site.

HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTARAHUMARA PACK TARAHUMARA PACK
Previous

Next
New Post
8/10/2011 6:51 AM

Thanks for the "Gear News" e-mail that mentioned the Tarahumara pack.

More pics please!

New Post
8/10/2011 3:39 PM

The Tarahumara indeed looks awesome. Some pictures with it docked to a kit bag would be great. Do you have an idea on when they might ship yet? Please tell me the first run will include ranger green? I am looking forward to trying one out.

New Post
8/10/2011 5:53 PM

Ok boys... I'll work on getting some good pictures over the next week to satisfy folks' curiousity.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/10/2011 7:17 PM

First run should DEFINITELY include Foliage Green to match the first run of Kit Bags.

New Post
8/15/2011 11:25 AM

Evan

Where the pictures???

New Post
8/15/2011 5:40 PM

We are just getting in the door from the Pocatello gathering. We will get pictures up as soon as possible. It might take a day or two as we get on top of things again.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/17/2011 12:42 PM

Pictures our up on our projects page.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/19/2011 9:42 PM

Any plans to do them in coyote? Would definitly buy one if you do. Will make sure the brother-in law sees this new pack as well.

Thanks

New Post
8/20/2011 10:27 AM

At this point we plan on doing both Ranger Green and Foliage for the first run. We are undecided about coyote at this point or even a third color. All of our polls seem to indicate that coyote should be the hands down favorite. However, based on actual sales ranger green and foliage are about equal and coyote is a distant 2nd. This surprises us as we hear from people wanting coyote, but then when we get items in those colors they just don't sell as well as the two other colors. What we are thinking about doing instead of coyote is a more civilian oriented color. FS has a couple of different color choices that they already stock that wouldn't be a problem to go with as they already have everything, or we might just go with ranger green and foliage to start and see where we are demand wise.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
9/26/2011 3:00 PM

Pricing is official at 120. The first run will include coyote, foliage, and ranger green. Based on feedback we anticipate these going fast so it might behoove you to be signed up on our email list or following us on Facebook.

New Post
10/21/2011 8:23 PM

3 questions:

Do you have a pic of the interior of the pack?

From the pics posted does this dock n lock to the Kifaru packs?

When is the foilage coming in?

Thanks,

Spence

New Post
10/22/2011 7:46 AM

don't have interior pictures... there are no pockets or anything on the inside. it is edge bound and there is a single webbing hang loop at the top. that's it.

it's not exactly a dock and lock system, but you should be able to use it as a back pocket or compression panel on a wide variety of different backpacks. it will also dock to PALS.

foliage is waiting on a shipment of foliage zipper pulls right now. don't have an eta on that yet, but shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

also, for those who haven't noticed it, we are accepting pre-orders for ranger green Tarahumaras at this time.

New Post
11/3/2011 11:12 AM

Any idea if the rear slot pocket will accomodate my 3L HydraForm reservoir (16.5″ × 6.5″ × 3.5″)? The pack looks nice regardless, but being able to use my HydraForm with it would send it over the top.

3L HydraForm

New Post
11/3/2011 1:54 PM

I wouldn't put a hydration bladder in the slot pocket because I think it will round out the pack too much. I have one of the generation of Camelback Mules that work that way and I think it is a bad idea. My design intent was that you would put a bladder on the inside of the main compartment hanging from the hang loop there and then route the hose out the top of the zipper. Size-wise, the bladder you mention should fit inside just fine. I finally swore off of bladders a couple of years ago for good. The only one I had to test the Tarahumara with was a 1.5L. It worked plenty well. I did get a report from a customer that his 2L rounded out the pack too much. That surprised me based on the Tara's performance with the 1.5L. Now I wonder if he was putting it in the slot pocket instead of the main compartment....

New Post
11/3/2011 2:07 PM

The HydraForm’s design is pretty cool in that it has a sheet of molded plastic on the side facing your back. It stays flat on that side and doesn’t bulge. But not being compatible wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me in any case.

Thanks for the reply!

New Post
11/3/2011 2:15 PM

It might work great then. I know it will go in the main compartment, and it should slip into the slot pocket as well. Slot pocket dimensions are a flat 17x9.

New Post
11/9/2011 3:42 PM

any idea when the foliage green Tarahumara will be ready for orders?

New Post
11/14/2011 12:05 PM

We should be accepting pre-orders on foliage Tarahumaras today or tomorrow, and then shipping out orders starting Friday or Monday.

New Post
11/16/2011 6:08 AM

Now accepting pre-orders for foliage Tarahumaras. Pre-orders will ship out Nov. 22nd.

New Post
11/20/2011 11:40 AM

Quick question...  What color is Tarahumara mounted on the OD Express?   I just got some of your canteen carriers in RG and they seem to blend well enough with OD.  The Tarahumara in the gallery seems to stand out from the OD pack.   

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTARAHUMARA PACK TARAHUMARA PACK