Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill My Pistol Fit?Will My Pistol Fit?
Previous

Next
New Post
5/22/2018 4:43 PM

Pmr 30 and spare mag fit great in the heavy recon.

New Post
7/15/2019 9:07 AM

I'm carrying a Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator 10mm 6" comfortably.

New Post
11/7/2019 10:55 AM

I've tried to read the various threads on different models of the kit bag so apologies if this has been covered but if the Runners Kit Bag is snugged down fairly tight, will a G20 'print'?

New Post
1/4/2020 12:55 PM

I've carried a Glock 20 Gen 4 quite a bit in a Runner's Kit Bag, both for running and backpacking.  Also some cycling.

For running I carry the G20, a spare mag, a medium folding knife, keys, iPhone, small flashight, first aid dressing, bandana and sometimes my wallet or id.

For backpacking I carry the G20 and mag and a slimmed down version of equipage level 1: 

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Education/Equipage/10

The gun does not print.  Someone familiar with a HPG kit bag would probably suspect you are carrying a handgun, but a "casual observer" would not say "I see the outline of a gun in that bag."

New Post
2/2/2020 7:22 AM

Hey Gents-

First post here and it has to be "Will it fit" question....

I've got the Recon Kit idling in my shopping cart but was wondering if anyone had tried a G40? I deer hunt and hike with this pistol and like the idea of it riding in that pistol pouch.

Thanks for the help,
Buck

New Post
3/25/2020 9:25 AM

Does anyone carry their Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in a Runners Kit Bag? I know the description says it's not optimal for large framed pistols but that would be the only thing I would need to carry in the Runners Kit Bag. Don't have the requirements to carry a lot to justify the Original Kit Bag. 

New Post
4/3/2020 10:09 AM

I was hoping that someone with specific knowledge would chime in. Based on reports, it will fit just fine as long as it is a 5" or less barrel. For NFrames that number is 4" or less, but the geometry of the butt shape gives you a bite more room for the single-action. If that is all you are putting in the kit bag it should work fine.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/15/2020 7:24 AM

5" 1911 with magwell and extended mag fit fine in the Original Kit Bag

New Post
5/15/2020 8:54 AM

I have been told that a Ruger 57 fits in a fullsize footprint bags

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/16/2020 12:44 AM

S&W 500 with a 4" barrel will fit in a Recon Kit Bag. It is rather snug, and bulges a bit, but it does fit.

New Post
5/23/2020 3:17 PM

dick_slade wrote:

Does anyone carry their Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in a Runners Kit Bag? I know the description says it's not optimal for large framed pistols but that would be the only thing I would need to carry in the Runners Kit Bag. 

Late to the party, but a birdshead Vaq will fit in the runner's kit. 

I have a couple of medium frame (flattop) BH's, and they fit--but more importantly, I have one of those relatively new "carryhawks" built on the larger new BH frame in .45LC/.45acp, with a 4 5/8" tube and the birdshead grip frame, and it fits in the Runner's Kit like it was tailor-made for it.  Not much else will go in there alongside without cluttering things up, due to the 1 2/3 inch width across the fatass unfluted cylinder, but the draw with just the BH and minimal stuff in the front pocket (small bic lighter, small flat knife, earplugs, energy bar) is smooth and unhindered with the rounder grip frame. Also, it doesn't look like there is a ginormous, heavy wheel gun with 255gr underwood hardcast packed in there at all, in case one needs to duck into a coffeeshop for a latte before the day hike.  FWIW.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill My Pistol Fit?Will My Pistol Fit?