Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Coyote knife by LT WrightHPG Coyote knife by LT Wright
Previous

Next
New Post
1/9/2020 3:11 PM

In case you missed this going live, (I did) the HPG Coyote knife has been live since September: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/9/ProductID/105

This is an excellent deal for a well thought out custom knife. While not priced at a disposable level, it is very reasonably priced. If you have ever ordered a bespoke knife and dealt with shop delay, or non performance, then you probably understand the value inherent in this "available today" knife.

I have long carried a pedestrian Buck Vanguard, which this knife reminds me of. More recently, I have been carrying a custom Tom Halloran SEAX, which I love.
I will be picking up on of these HPG knives soon though. There are many reasons. The shape and style appeal to me, the Hill brothers have a consistent track record of designing exceptionally well thought out and executed gear, and great as the Buck Vanguard is, custom gear appeals to me as does the edge characteristics of the A2 steel, and grip feel of canvas micarta. The HPG scabbard is also well designed... Much better than the knife bucket that comes with the Vanguard. I am glad to see this knife project come off the prototype table and become commercially available.

New Post
1/11/2020 4:44 PM

Question: Can spare sheaths be purchased?

New Post
1/11/2020 6:54 PM

I think we are out of the kydex ones. We might still have some leather ones.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Coyote knife by LT WrightHPG Coyote knife by LT Wright