Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie belt stress point question. Prairie belt stress point question.
Previous

Next
New Post
2/27/2019 6:48 PM

Hello, 

I took these: 

Turned them into this: 

Added these: 

Then began fiddling with a molle II waist pack: 

However, I've found the best point to secure the waist pack is the same place I like to place my G-hooks:

I'm curious if the attachment point is too stressed and could potentially become a point of failure: 

Should I be worried? Will this hold up to the pressures of running? 

I used the same attachment point, with nearly the same gear, for almost a year and never had a pause for concern. However, I didn't have the weight of a poncho and waist pack applying lateral forces to the attachment point. 

Is all gonna be well? 

Thanks, y'all! 

New Post
2/28/2019 6:19 AM

That tab is bartacked through 2 layers of 1000d and edge binding. You could probably hang 100lbs off of it and expect it to last in perpetuity.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie belt stress point question. Prairie belt stress point question.