Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPocket for 32oz Nalgene Pocket for 32oz Nalgene
Previous

Next
New Post
12/8/2016 7:42 PM

None of us are getting out of here alive.

New Post
12/8/2016 7:52 PM

True dat.  I always like to say that you never know what you might come back as (if you happen to end up reincarnated)....you might come back as a dung beetle pushing a lump of crap around all day.  Might as well grab all the gusto out of this life while you can!  That's why I can never understand the people that are born, live, and die all in the same county they were born in.  Why wouldn't they at least see at least one other place or thing?  Sometimes it's because of lack of means....that I can understand having come from coal miner / blue collar stock....but sometimes it's from lack of drive and motivation...which I cannot understand.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
12/8/2016 10:57 PM

Here's a pic of a 32oz in an HSGI soft taco on my ute's belt.

I don't have the bungee over the top in the pic, but it reaches over like how it's supposed to just fine. Also works on 1qt canteens, but I had to leave one in there for a while to get the bungee (the "corset" bungee, not the over top bungee)  to stretch enough where it wasn't a big pain to get the canteen back in the pouch. Even as loose as it could be adjusted, when the soft taco was brand new it was too tight to get a 1qt canteen back in without it being an ordeal.

New Post
12/8/2016 11:08 PM

alpendrms wrote:
Digger wrote:

I'm not at all learned on the subject, but going by that article alone it seems to confirm the ill effects of BPA. It also states that the jury is out on its substitutes. 

I dunno....maybe.  All I know is that I've drank from non BPA Free canteens for many years and I ain't even close to dead yet.

Little comfort for most people Ken. I am certain you have survived many things that would have taken out lesser men.

New Post
12/9/2016 5:52 AM

Wildemt wrote:
Well DONE sirs!

I knew of the ITS and MSM. Not a fan of the skeleton holder. They are difficult for me to return the bottle to.

I had not seen the OV. Awesome. I will watch them to come back in stock.

The Kifaru is really nice, but a chunk of change. But, I think it fits my purposes the best. Time to spend some of my Christmas funds.

On another note, with all those options, it's easy to see why the Hill brothers haven't put one out. It's a fairly full market.

The OV teeter is in stock now. I bet they will go quick, might want to grab one!

New Post
4/27/2018 7:33 AM

Question: Could someone provide some links to the water bottles that fit in the 3" diameter bottle holsters from HPG?

I have looked at nalgene and all the "bike" water bottles but I am still unsure of which ones to pull the trigger on. Which ones do all of you like the best for a water source on the trail (that of course fits in this specific bottle holster). I appreciate all the help guys! 

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

New Post
4/27/2018 9:03 AM

I like to use the Nalgene "canteens." They fit perfectly.

http://store.nalgene.com/Oasis-p/oasis.htm

New Post
4/27/2018 11:25 AM

I like the Camelbak .75 liter bottles. They fit perfect.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPocket for 32oz Nalgene Pocket for 32oz Nalgene