Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBest kydex holster and sheath for Recon belt?Best kydex holster and sheath for Recon belt?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/28/2016 7:46 AM

I just ordered a recon belt for my Umlindi. I see in the pics that a kydex holster and sheath are attached, and I was wondering what make these are? Thanks.

New Post
7/28/2016 10:03 PM

I'm not sure to what pics you are referring, but I know HPG carries Dale Fricke's Zacchaeus Holster.  Fricke also makes a holster called the Eleazar Molle Holster, which you can find over at his site (hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here).  I've got one on order, myself. 

New Post
7/28/2016 11:27 PM

He probably was looking at the recon belt pic. Looks like it has a First Spear logo on it.

New Post
7/29/2016 12:04 AM

On Evan's belt there he's running the First Spear SSV, you can find them here: http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17824&cat=307&page=1.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
7/29/2016 7:13 AM

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

New Post
7/29/2016 10:46 AM

Sorry, meant to circle back, and just forgot. As Ned said that is a FS SSV, but between Evan and I we have holsters by FS, Raven Concealment, and Survival Sheath on our belts. What we have found is that the pancake style, like the SSV, carry better since the put the gun closer to the belt. I tried a safariland and blade tech and while the worked, and the draw was easier, I found that moving through the brush they were more apt to grab, so we use and recommend the pancake stile and the SSV and Raven stuff both work great.

As far as mounting, we use the short malice clips, and just drill them to fit the rivet pattern on the holster to ride at the height we want. The longer clips give the holster a bit of slop during the draw, because they are a bit longer than the mounting space on the belt. Whereas the short ones are almost a bit short so they work perfect and make for a very secure holster.

As far as sheath I am not sure what picture you are talking about. There are a bunch of different ways to make that happen depending on what knife, how you want it hung, and where. Can you provide a link or picture?

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/30/2016 2:07 AM

I use a KCT Kydex belt designed to attach to mollee/pals like the recon belt. I use the recon belt wile doing out door ops. I'm a peace officer and often times this involves tracking down illegal marijuana grows on public/private land. Most often the grows are done by Mexican nationals.

Anyway, the KCT holster has held up just fine. I got the multicam option. I should take a pic of my belt set up as soon as I get some stuff arranged on it.

I got the recommendation for KCT from this forum and wanted to pass it along. I asked First Spear if they had non-logo versions of their holsters. They pointed me to the manufacturer that produces their products. I could look that up if you are interested.

New Post
7/30/2016 6:37 AM

I forgot about KCT thanks for the reminder. Tap Rack makes the SSV I have both a FS logo one and a regular one noth are nice.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/3/2016 7:22 AM

Thank you for all the replies. I appreciate it. I'll probably go with the SSV.

New Post
8/4/2016 7:36 AM

How does the kydex holster attach to this belt? Did you order it special with 12/6 attachment?

New Post
8/4/2016 9:49 AM

scothill wrote:
As far as mounting, we use the short malice clips, and just drill them to fit the rivet pattern on the holster to ride at the height we want. The longer clips give the holster a bit of slop during the draw, because they are a bit longer than the mounting space on the belt. Whereas the short ones are almost a bit short so they work perfect and make for a very secure holster.

The malice clips mentioned above screw to the back of the holster through the grommets, which may or may not line up, so they have to be drilled to match. They then slide through the molle grid on the belt and lock. When I got my SSV they were shipping the long malices with it, we like the short as stated above. Amazon is where I got my last back of shorts. 

New Post
8/4/2016 11:00 AM

Thank you!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBest kydex holster and sheath for Recon belt?Best kydex holster and sheath for Recon belt?