Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBest way to attach Standard kit bag to 5.11 TacTec Plate CarrierBest way to attach Standard kit bag to 5.11 TacTec Plate Carrier
Previous

Next
New Post
7/23/2016 12:39 PM

I have one of your Standard Kit bags.  It has been everything that I wanted to allow me to carry my pistol with me when running or biking.  I have been running with it for a while and it works perfectly but I now want to start running with weight plates as I am into CrossFit.  I want to place your kit on my 5.11 TacTec Plate carrier.  The carrier has molle attachment capability.  How do you recommend I attach your kit bag so it is the most secure and still function appropriately when I want to quickly draw my pistol?   Do you sale a kit to perform this function?  I do not know if you recommend it being attached to other bags with out your harness still attached to the kit bag.  I could wear over the 5.11 plate carrier but I plan on attaching a Source Razor 3L  hydration pouch on the back of the 5.11 plate carrier.  Thanks for your help!  

New Post
7/24/2016 7:46 AM

Based on what you're using your Kit Bag for, and also wanting to run a hydration bladder, perhaps the best option is to get the HPG Recon Harness.  This would replace the standard harness on your Kit Bag, and has a slot on the back that will hold a bladder, as well as options to carry small pouches or a jacket.  I think this would easily fit over your plate carrier and allow the Kit Bag to stay securely in place.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/t...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
7/24/2016 9:55 AM

It would take buying some ITW hardware to make it look nice. Use the top two and bottom two 1 inch tab loops to add split bar male buckles and than on the 5.11 Molle use every which female buckles. Down range gear also have nifty female buckle with webbing backs that weave to Connet to Molle. Or just use para cord or thicker shock cord?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBest way to attach Standard kit bag to 5.11 TacTec Plate CarrierBest way to attach Standard kit bag to 5.11 TacTec Plate Carrier