Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMy Tara modMy Tara mod
Previous

Next
New Post
4/22/2012 7:09 PM

I had to try this just to see the outcome and I kinda like it..

New Post
4/24/2012 5:18 PM

Pretty cool. I would like to see pictures of you wearing it with your load in it.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
4/24/2012 6:34 PM

There is this whole thing about wearing a beltless pack so that it sits on top of a belt kit. You don't even have to attach the two to get the benefit. Haven't experimented with it much, but I expect to end up doing more experimentation as I work on our hipbelt design. It will be designed from the get go to function as a stand alone unit as well as a waist belt for larger packs.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
4/26/2012 11:39 AM

I did this not so much that the pack needed a waist pack /belt ,because it's great with out it,but because i needed a small  waist pack on an upcoming pack in hunt for some fishing gear and the Tara and waist pack are going to be an add-on to a larger pack and this seemed like a great way to attach it instead of just packing it...I did have to mess around with the attachment loops i sewed on the Mountain Smith to make it ride where it's supposed to, not too high or low..  

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMy Tara modMy Tara mod