Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralshoulder straps?shoulder straps?
Previous

Next
New Post
11/24/2011 7:02 PM

Hi everyone, 

Got a silly question I have an enhanced yoke harness from tactical tailor that i have used for years on my split front mav.  I dont use my mav anymore cause i have left the army after 11 years. The question i have is do you guys think i could use the harness/shoulder straps from my mav on a kifaru tailgunner or scout.  I really like the harness,  i am watching my budget and lastly it would be nice to reuse or get more use out of my old army stuff.  anyways if you guys have any suggestions please feel free to let me know here or email me at debaere3@gmail.com.

thanks again everyone and hope you are haveing a great holiday

paul debaere

New Post
11/25/2011 12:04 PM

Paul, is this the one you have?:

Looks like a great harness. This could be made to work on a Scout or TG (I'd go Scout, btw). The biggest obstacle is that this is set up for 1.5" webbing, and the Kifaru products are set up for 1" webbing.  You can either run 1.5" through the harness that terminates in 1" webbing for rigging to the pack, or rig the harness to take 1" webbing. On the back, I'd probably ignore the harness buckles and run 1" webbing to the outermost PALS slots.  On the front, I'd probably lace 1" ladderlocks into the harness buckles and then run 1" webbing down to the pack. This is very simple custom work. I'd recommend a guy who goes by the handle Ralph on the Kifaru message boards for something like this.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralshoulder straps?shoulder straps?