Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralFur Ruff Hood AdjustmentFur Ruff Hood Adjustment
Previous

Next
New Post
11/27/2016 3:22 PM

Finally got to give the coyote ruff on my WC a try this last weekend, and it was awesome! The only thing I wasn't absolutely loving was the fur getting into my eyes and mouth. I played around with the hood adjustments and got it better, but wanted to hear from some more experienced users of the ruff's to see if there's an ideal setup to minimize how much is getting in the face and still reap the benefits of the fur.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
12/13/2016 1:40 PM

Where you wearing a ball cap under the hood. I find that takes care of almost all my issues, plus gives me some sun protection for my eyes. Plus I find that with the warmth of the hood a ball cap is about perfect for a bit of extra warmth and to capture sweat.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
12/15/2016 11:21 PM

Yep wearing one of the HPG caps. I did notice it's mostly on the left side the last time I was out. Maybe there's something twisted or bunched up on that side. I'll try remounting it and see if that helps. Yeah I agree it's just about a perfect combo for thermal regulation, especially on the move. Even if it gets too warm to keep the hood up I've noticed the ruff seems to still help keep my ears warmer than they would be with just a ball cap.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralFur Ruff Hood AdjustmentFur Ruff Hood Adjustment