Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHammocks and DogsHammocks and Dogs
Previous

Next
New Post
7/14/2016 8:58 PM

A friend recently introduced me to a nifty piece of gear that was a huge help in keeping our dogs comfortable on our trip in the wilds of WY. Since making the switch from tents to hammocks I've never looked back except for the fact that my canine partner was left exposed to swarms of biting mosquitoes and black flies. Whereas he used to be protected inside the tent with me, a hammock was a different matter. Last year we were ahead of the mosquito hatch so it wasn't a problem, but this year I was worried our timing wouldn't be so fortunate. When I met my buddy to begin the drive to the trailhead he began telling me about a bug shelter he had bought at Sportsman's Warehouse and how he thought it would be just perfect for his dog. Naturally, I had to have one, too. During our pack trip the little shelters proved their worth many times over. They were simple, feather-weight, and afforded the dogs complete protection...just exactly what we had been looking for. I realize this probably isn't of interest to a large group of forum members, but if you hang in a hammock and worry about how your dog is faring during the night, this is just the ticket. I suspended mine from the peak guy line of my tarp, either at the head or foot end of my hammock depending on the hang site. Hope this is of help to some of you. Here is the link:  

http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=Mosquito+Pyramid+Net+Shelters&o1=0&o2=0&o3=145

New Post
7/17/2016 12:56 PM

Yea. Those kind of items are also good at making a tarp bugproof if you are going to be in a rough buggy area.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHammocks and DogsHammocks and Dogs