Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBibliographyBibliography
Previous

Next
New Post
12/4/2017 12:08 PM

I just finished a really good book called "Temperance Creek" by Pamela Royes. Really good story telling about living as a sheepherder in the Snake River/Wallowa Mtn. country of Oregon. If you like stories about ordinary people living honest lives in the wild lands this is a good one. Captures the essence of that country.

New Post
1/25/2020 11:54 PM

Bumping this thread back up top.

"Hue 1968" by Mark Bowden.

Any recommendations?

New Post
3/6/2020 10:50 PM

The Frontiersmen by Allan Eckert is a great book about the days of Daniel Boone and other frontiersmen during that time. Extremely well written. If you like stories about pioneers and the early frontiers of America you will enjoy this book.

New Post
4/20/2020 9:43 PM

Author : Steve Tarani

Title: Prefense
the single best book I've read on pre-attack indicators and ways to read and adjust to possible attacks. Having spent 20 plus years as a peace officer in a violent portion of the Southwest this book highlights a lot of things I try and explain to folks. It spells it out clearly and breaks down things to a layman's level. 
Unfortunately it is out of print and copies can be difficult to locate. If you can find one snag it up. 
Steve's current book " Your most powerful weapon" looks good to but I have not started it yet.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBibliographyBibliography