Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLonghouse: Winter Day Trip LoadoutLonghouse: Winter Day Trip Loadout
Previous

Next
New Post
1/19/2017 4:15 AM

Hey -

In case you haven't seen it, they've put out a new Longhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUwwnjNDHA. Ken (alpendrms) goes through his winter load in a Connor and OKB. If you're a fan of Ken's posts, you'll enjoy the video. Ken's "custom" pot stand for his stove was pretty ingenious, and it looked like he was using some type of rifle/shotgun card to organize some equipment, including a fuel bottle for his alcohol stove. Which to me looked like a brilliant idea.  Find some time to watch it.

(And Hills - the Longhouse videos and In the Field videos are some of the best things on YouTube. Thanks for ANOTHER great product.) 

New Post
1/19/2017 1:42 PM

+2 - always like what Ken has to show and say. His experience speaks volumes, not only to his knowledge but as a man among men.

Craig

New Post
1/19/2017 4:51 PM

Geez, guys!  You're making me blush!!  Lol!  

Thanks very much for the kind words and I'm really glad the video is providing some ideas and knowledge.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
1/19/2017 8:58 PM

Great video. Crazy to see how much can be packed in a pack like the Connor. I am super interested in that pot stand. Another thread on what was drilled and where to make it wor would be great. I am using a homemade stove right now because I don't like the 2-3 pot stands I have for the Trangia, and the homemade stove doesn't need one.

New Post
1/20/2017 4:05 AM

Great video. Amazed at the amount of gear the pack held.

New Post
1/20/2017 7:05 AM

good stuff, thanks for taking the time to put this together.

New Post
1/20/2017 6:20 PM

I always love to see people carrying snow shovels. Guys in my circle think they are overkill. Great video and great loadout!!!!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralLonghouse: Winter Day Trip LoadoutLonghouse: Winter Day Trip Loadout