Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralDark Angel ShingleDark Angel Shingle
Previous

Next
New Post
1/7/2017 6:57 PM

Hey All - 

Just throwing this out there, because I thought it was awesome. 

[URL=http://s257.photobucket.com/user/jkartzinel/media/IMG_0385.JPG.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

This is the Dark Angel Shingle, attached to the back of a PALS Pocket. My wife and I currently are using blaze orange PALS pockets as car medical bags, but I was never really happy with how I could integrate a blow-out kit with it. This is an incredibly awesome solution. The shingle is low profile and attaches to the back of the pocket, so it takes up no extra space on the inside of the pocket. I placed it on the bottom so I could still use the pocket harness and it would sit in the lumbar area, which works out fairly comfortably. 

This would also be a pretty great way to work when attached to a pack while not sacrificing either belt space or a wand pocket. The shingle has velcro on both sides, and the med kit inside is in a sled with shock cord that comes outside the velcro. Tug on the shock cord and out comes the BOK, even when attached to the pack. 

Anyways, just thought I'd share. I really like it. I will note - it doesn't have a tourniquet. So... supplement. 

Best regards,

J

New Post
1/9/2017 8:11 AM

J - I've looked at those!  I had thought about getting one or two for different applications.  I think I'm going to try and check those out soon.  I think the Dark Angel Medical guys are going to be at the SHOT Show next week, so hopefully I'll get a close look at those and probably buy a couple.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
1/9/2017 6:14 PM

Alp - according the DAM emails I've gotten, they're discontinuing the shingle. Once it sells out it is supposed to be gone. Hopefully they have some at SHOT for you to check out. Let us know some of the cool toys that come out!

- J

New Post
1/10/2017 8:09 AM

They will be at SHOT. Kerry usually is at the BCM booth.

New Post
1/10/2017 10:36 AM

Eric I would like to meet Kerry. I don't think BCM (Bravo Company) is going to have a booth at SHOT this year. Did you mean Bravo Concealment?

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
1/10/2017 1:02 PM

Booth 20066. Battle Comp and ATEI as per Kerry just now.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
1/10/2017 1:10 PM

Awesome! May try to attend the May 6-7 in Clovis NM.

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralDark Angel ShingleDark Angel Shingle