HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralmy new Trangiamy new Trangia
Previous

Next
New Post
6/17/2016 12:13 PM

chorpie wrote:
Emberlit is doing a 25% off sale for Father's Day weekend. Promo code FATHER25

Thanks for the heads up, chorpie!

Is the Spirit alcohol stove offered by Emberlit the Trangia Spirit, or is it their own knock off version?

New Post
6/17/2016 1:17 PM

I think it is an actual Trangia, but you can email them I'm sure. Mikhail usually responds pretty quickly

New Post
6/22/2016 4:59 PM

Mikhail responded to my email query and said the spirit burner they sell is either the Trangia or the Esbit depending on what their suppliers have on hand.

New Post
6/22/2016 8:33 PM

well, my wife is awesome so she ordered me a Solostove lite for Fathers Day. It's super nice out of the box! I'll be firing it up with my trangia tomorrow hopefully and time a water boil.

New Post
6/23/2016 3:51 AM

trapperjay wrote:
well, my wife is awesome so she ordered me a Solostove lite for Fathers Day. It's super nice out of the box! I'll be firing it up with my trangia tomorrow hopefully and time a water boil.

Great!  I know I sure use mine a lot!

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/23/2016 8:58 PM

Let me tell you...it's awesome! I bouled 8 oz of water in approx 3:15. Tough to beat!

Think it's necessary to make a windscreen for using it outside in colder temps?

New Post
6/24/2016 4:23 AM

trapperjay wrote:
Let me tell you...it's awesome! I bouled 8 oz of water in approx 3:15. Tough to beat!

Think it's necessary to make a windscreen for using it outside in colder temps?

I don't think you absolutely have to, since if you are mostly using the alcohol burner, it is pretty much screened by the stove body.  They do sell a folding windscreen on the Solostove site.  I have one and I am sure it helps with heat efficiency.  In a pinch, you could always make a field expedient one out of some stacked rocks or similar near it to block wind.  The folding one they sell is pretty squared away.  It accordion folds and has little stakes in the ends to push into the ground.  When using the Solostove with found wood, pine cones, etc. I reckon that windscreen then plays more of a role.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/26/2016 7:39 PM

Thanks much. I'm gonna run with it as-is. Anyone have a recommendation for a cook pot that nests? I see solo has one for sale but didn't know about others...

New Post
6/26/2016 8:48 PM

When I bought my Solo stove I bought the pot at the same time. Don't remember the size, but it was recommended and nests perfect. I like this stove and it's the one I carry.

New Post
6/27/2016 7:43 AM

Boy Wonder wrote:
When I bought my Solo stove I bought the pot at the same time. Don't remember the size, but it was recommended and nests perfect. I like this stove and it's the one I carry.

It's a 30 oz pot.  Use mine all the time both Stateside and overseas.

New Post
6/27/2016 8:36 PM

I'll get one.

New Post
8/31/2016 10:52 AM

Another option if you want to use an alcohol stove is this Esbit cookset, which comes with a pot, lid that doubles as a pan, a copy of the Trangia burner, snuffer for the burner, and a little stand that lets you use it with Esbit hexamine fuel tablets:

https://www.amazon.com/Esbit-Lightweight-Trekking-Anodized-Aluminum/dp/B001UEL76Q/

I have one and like it a lot. The pot, lid, and windscreen are hard anodized aluminum.

Dave Markowitz

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralmy new Trangiamy new Trangia