Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralWish me luckWish me luck
Previous

Next
New Post
3/30/2016 7:22 PM

Just got a call back today to interview as a State Park Ranger for the DCNR here in PA. It's entry level, but the pay is pretty good and I'm quite excited

New Post
3/30/2016 7:57 PM

Congrats man, gettin' paid to do something you'll enjoy is as good as it gets.

New Post
3/31/2016 4:25 AM

Great news. Hopes it goes well for you!

New Post
3/31/2016 6:37 AM

Congratulations and good luck!  Pennsylvania has always been a state that really places emphasis on good management of its parks, game lands, forests, fish, & wildlife.  Hope you get the job and enjoy the work.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
3/31/2016 10:12 PM

Good Luck! In a few years after some more education I could be heading towards a similar path myself. I'll be very curious to hear about your experiences as a newbie out there.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
4/4/2016 3:49 PM

Hope you get it. Good luck.

New Post
4/13/2016 4:39 PM

Thanks, everyone. I had the interview and i feel it went well, but with state jobs one never can tell.

New Post
4/15/2016 3:12 PM

Just hope you don't get stuck behind a desk welcoming tourists with pamphlets :-p

A friend of mine who went park ranger got stuck doing that.

New Post
4/16/2016 2:32 PM

There is a full time receptionist, but I'm sure I'll do some desk time. I'll probably spend a lot of time in camp sites and on a boat though. Still better than working retail or as a counselor again.

New Post
5/2/2016 6:38 PM

First day was today. My supervisor already wants me to work my way into an LE position. Thanks for the well wishes.

New Post
5/2/2016 9:21 PM

Nice man. Congrats

New Post
5/9/2016 1:52 PM

Great news!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralWish me luckWish me luck