Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralrigged for fly fishing ?rigged for fly fishing ?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/22/2016 12:17 PM

What model Kit do you use for fly fishing (boxes and tippet ... so on) along with a concealed pistol ?

New Post
4/22/2016 4:38 PM

Original size kit bag for me while fishing.

New Post
4/22/2016 10:35 PM

How light do you travel and what handgun? The Original would work, but I think I would prefer the Original pattern Snubby for use while fishing.

New Post
4/23/2016 6:31 AM

^^^ I was thinking the same thing. I am about to take a stab at Tenkara. And the Original Snubby pattern seems about the perfect platform for that purpose. I carry a 9mm Shield and the streams are small and tight here. So I only have minimal tackle with me anyways. I guess if you were carrying a full-size handgun or like to bring every fly box in your arsenal, then a full-size Original pattern makes sense.

New Post
4/23/2016 6:32 AM

Also, a Heavy Recon would offer plenty of loops to hang tools or tippet spools wherever you like. And still have room for boxes and your pistol.

New Post
4/23/2016 7:12 AM

I have a heavy recon with a Blue Force Gear M4 ten speed triple mounted on the front.
The pouches on the front give me a spot for a couple of small containers for bait, spare tackle and a compass.
I mostly go bank fishing with a cane pole, so I don't need a lot of fishing gear.
Mike

New Post
4/23/2016 7:02 PM

I use a recon, BFG ten speed double mounted in the center, flip open tray table style admin pouch loosely strapped on the webbing. Really handy for holding my cases of flies, reel with a sink tip line, popout handypak net.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralrigged for fly fishing ?rigged for fly fishing ?