Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralExternal Frame home brewExternal Frame home brew
Previous

Next
New Post
2/29/2016 11:15 PM

Here's a little shot of my homebrew HPG external frame pack from last summer. HPG harness, Prairie Belt on my own support/mounting, C25 packbag, and my own load compression panel on a 1980's Kelty frame.  Sorry for the teaser, but I just came across this photo and thought I'd put it up. I'll do a better show and tell of the details and self made stuff when I get a chance later this week.

New Post
2/29/2016 11:28 PM

I dig it! can't wait to see how you did your lumbar attachment.

That frame looks a little flatter/less curved then some I've seen, did any of the cross bars dig in at all? 

New Post
3/1/2016 5:20 AM

And a little more info on the bow please. I see TradTech longbow limbs...what riser?

New Post
3/3/2016 4:50 PM

should be a pretty comfortable setup.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
4/5/2016 3:52 PM

Sorry to leave you guys hangin' -work's been eating me alive lately. I'll get more pics up eventually.

The bow is a Hoyt Excel riser that was hydrodipped in predator camo by a previous owner. It has a felt furniture pad on the arrow shelf, and is set up for instinctive style shooting. It's a simple target riser, and I like that it's ILF compatible. The limbs are the tradtech ILF longbow limbs, made by Samick. Love it.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralExternal Frame home brewExternal Frame home brew