Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGLimited Runs 2Limited Runs 2
Previous

Next
New Post
3/26/2014 6:13 AM

What are the chances we are going to see a Kyptek Highlander Tara run sometime soon (next couple months)?  Seems to be a ton of support for one, but I've got some tax refund money burning a hole in my pocket and I need to get rid of it.

New Post
3/26/2014 7:05 AM

We would need about double the interest we have. We need around 15 to move forward, and prefer more because in our experience only about half the folks who post in this thread follow through.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
4/4/2014 4:57 PM

Well, I'll sighn up for a Tarahumara in Kryptek Highlander WITH the shoulder harness.  That should get us one more person closer to a run.

Paul

New Post
4/5/2014 4:15 PM

How about doing a run of the snubby in navy? That is pretty urban friendly to me.

New Post
4/6/2014 11:23 AM

NWOutlier wrote

Well, I'll sighn up for a Tarahumara in Kryptek Highlander WITH the shoulder harness.  That should get us one more person closer to a run.

Paul

I'd pick up another if you run them before the fall hunting season.

New Post
4/8/2014 8:31 AM

Ok all, as I count, we have 10 people so far interested in a Tara in Kyptek Highlander.  I know the interest is out there (considering I've seen a few going for $250+ on other forums), so let's get more people!

Scot - what's the number we need?

New Post
4/8/2014 10:47 AM

At least 15, and I would prefer more like 20 since in our experience only about half of the folks who say they want one follow through.  However, if we get to 15 we will do it.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
4/9/2014 4:04 PM

Okay, I have to make a note here.  As I said in an earlier post. I am all in on the Kryptek highlander Tara with shoulder harness, but it's a change from an earlier post I made asking for one in black.  I have to withdraw my promise to buy a black one - in favor of the kryptek highlander.  So, for those who are counting, that's one less for the black tara... and shoulder harness.

I have placed my order for ther black kit bag, as promised. 

Just want to remain up front on these special orders.

Paul

New Post
4/9/2014 11:16 PM

How much is the kryptek tarahumara estimated to be if we can get a run of these? 

New Post
4/10/2014 4:03 PM

scothill wrote

We would need about double the interest we have. We need around 15 to move forward, and prefer more because in our experience only about half the folks who post in this thread follow through.

You can delete this post once read if you want. (I know you don't want this thread cluttered)

I edited my origanol post as it appears multi cam will never happen and I need to settle for kryptek.

Im not sure what is needed for a speacial order but does it have to be all of one item (Taras) of can it be a mix of say Taras, Kit bags, Ute's, Belts, whatever.  It seems  that fabric is fabric.   Also if we reach the min. need for a speacial order of Tara's could we then have other individual items added in the same fabric at the same time as the speacial order?

New Post
4/10/2014 4:19 PM

Worth having that answer in this thread. No fabric is not fabric the way that FS does production. It is economy of scale, and our minimum order of 25 is per item not per color. For awhile we tried limited runs where you could order in different colors, and even at a 25% special order fee it was something that didn't work out. So if we do a kryptek run of Taras only Taras will be available in kryptek. We can sometimes get them to do a few extra shoulder harness as they are already doing a run of those, but doing other items is a no go unless we do 25 of those too.I would say that MC is just as likely to happen as Kryptek because the interest for MC is via email primarily not this thread, where as most interest for kryptek is expressed in this thread. MC has also been a far better seller than kryptek for us. If you want other items in kryptek you need to post about it.

ETA: First Spear (our production partner) has both multicam and a couple of different colors of Kryptek already in inventory. A handful of other camos whose names I forget as well. Sourcing fabric is not the issue - we could have our entire lineup available in Kryptek next month if we thought it was a good idea to do so (other than Serapes. Those are a special case).

New Post
4/11/2014 8:31 PM

Managed to rally a few friends so I'm IN with 3 kryptek tarahumara complete with shoulder harness.

Thanks

New Post
4/11/2014 9:25 PM

Thank you Scot for the answers to my questions.  It may be a good idea to add (mabye to the OP) a list of items that have 10 or maore people signed up. Includeing interest via emial.  Could motivate someone to go one way or another as I was considering switching to a different camo because I thought there was no intrest in Multi-cam which is my prefrence.

edited my personal list back to multi-cam.

New Post
4/13/2014 6:34 AM

Kalidor wrote

Managed to rally a few friends so I'm IN with 3 kryptek tarahumara complete with shoulder harness.

Thanks

awesome!

looks like we are at 14!  1 more and we are there.  Anyone else?

New Post
4/13/2014 9:15 AM

Bedgood42, I was a lot more active in the last limited runs thread including trying to keep a running count up, and it quickly got very confusing and unwieldy to try and work with. That is why I have been more hands off this time

New Post
4/17/2014 8:50 AM

I've got a Tara in foliage that I love, but I find it a tiny bit too cramped for the my daily carry load.  I'd be very, very interested in a Highlander with a harness. Kryptek Highlander looks like a very nice pattern.

New Post
4/17/2014 12:31 PM

For those wanting a Tarahumara in Kryptek Highlander order here: http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/BuyOnline/LimitedRuns/tabid/940/Default.aspx 

New Post
4/19/2014 11:05 AM

Hey Scot, how long will this limited run be for? 

New Post
4/21/2014 6:36 AM

scothill wrote

For those wanting a Tarahumara in Kryptek Highlander order here: http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/BuyOnline/LimitedRuns/tabid/940/Default.aspx 

Thanks guys!

New Post
4/26/2014 10:55 AM

I would like to add 1 more Multicam Recon.

Also I have questions about modifications.  I would like to have a section of elastic material on the straps to allow tighter fit without causing discomfort.  I'd also like to see an option for some level 3A soft armor instead of the quilted padding.  No harm in asking I suppose.

Other than that, my coyote Recon has become an absolutely indispensible piece of kit.  I had looked high and low for a setup like this for concealed carry on the trail, and nothing compares to your kit bags.  

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGLimited Runs 2Limited Runs 2