Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindiUmlindi
Previous

Next
New Post
4/26/2013 10:31 AM

Perfect, thanks.  Looking forward to it.

New Post
4/26/2013 10:36 AM

Any pictures of the opening and or of it being packed?

thanks

New Post
4/26/2013 2:27 PM

scothill wrote

We are pushing for sometime next month, but nothing firm yet, and that is our hoped for timeline.

Awesome! I'm definitely snatching one up as soon as it's available. 

New Post
5/29/2013 4:28 PM

New Post
5/30/2013 10:18 AM

I hadn't seen that yet, but those are the guys. We are pretty excited to be involved.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/30/2013 5:21 PM

scothill wrote

I hadn't seen that yet, but those are the guys. We are pretty excited to be involved.

A noble venture to be involved in.  Not a fan of camo so much but that Pencott Badlands pattern  they're using is impressive.

New Post
6/5/2013 5:30 PM

We've got pricing nailed down. $220. Note that that doesn't include a Prairie Belt. This is a great beltless pack, particularly if you don't add a back pocket with all of the additional weight implied by that. The addition of a PB turns it into a very large and capable lumbar pack.

Purchase Order has been issued for the two tone color combination of khaki and ranger green. They were waiting for it, so it shouldn't be too long before we have them in hand. We're not yet certain that we'll do Umlindis in any other colors. LOTS of people on the notification list for the two tone, just a small handful for the solid color options (foliage, coyote). If you want a 'Lindi in one of the solid colors, email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com requesting notification when they're available. We pay attention to those lists when deciding what colors to produce when.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/5/2013 5:41 PM

How does the Prarie Belt work with the single stay of the Umlindi?  I'm assuming it doesn't slide into the belt like on the Ute.

New Post
6/5/2013 5:50 PM

The framesheet rides in a framesheet pocket on the inside of the pack. The slot pocket between the padding and inside of the pack is open for whatever you would like. The stay is in a stay pocket on the framesheet. Lots of flexibility with this setup. Remove the framesheet altogether if you are carrying a laptop in the slot pocket. Remove just the stay if you like as well. Now, take a look at this picture:

At the bottom, you are looking at a dual flap velcro arrangement that the PB rides in when you're using it. It is very stable and engineered in a stout fashion. It is also simple to remove or add the belt even with the pack fully loaded.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/5/2013 6:37 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.  By the way I was hiking a local trail today with my Snubbie KB when I crossed paths with another hiker wearing a Recon KB.  We didn't stop to talk but it was cool to see others wearing your gear.

New Post
6/6/2013 8:06 AM

Put me on the list for a 2-tone.  I'm predicting these things will fly off of the shelf.  Price is most reasonable.  The only reason I haven't ordered a Ute is I'm OCONUS so I guess I can just get both packs with the same order.  Already have a Tara Pocket at home so I guess I'll try a PALS pocket for this one.

New Post
6/11/2013 7:25 AM

I definitely prefer the two tone.

Will there be a combo price for the Umlindi purchased with a Prairie Belt?

I'm definitely torn between this & the Kifaru Loco. I think the price of the Loco will push me in this direction.

New Post
6/11/2013 1:54 PM

Benny wrote

I'm definitely torn between this & the Kifaru Loco. I think the price of the Loco will push me in this direction.

Well, I'm certainly not.

New Post
6/12/2013 6:25 PM

Why's that? Features or price?

New Post
6/13/2013 9:14 AM

Dear All at HPG - After a 'Lindi' is fitted with a PALS pocket, is a Tara still able to be docked to the 'Lindi' and used as an outer compression panel?

Craig

New Post
6/13/2013 10:04 AM

Yes it is able, but it is definitely not recommended especially without the PB.  The pals pocket already gives you a compression panel, and going three deep is going to move the load well away from your back giving you a back heavy pack.  If you are needing all that space the Ute is a better choice.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/13/2013 10:38 AM

Scot - it was more for the idea of carriage (packed flat, maybe with some wet weather gear inside) rather than load out, so that I could drop the Lindi in camp and just carry the Tara for a few hours.  As to the Ute, I am not convinced yet.  Even though the capacity is excellent, for my requirement when carrying 60+ lbs, it will be specific to solo hunting in the mountains or carrying gear for the whole family, then I will want an external.  I also am loathe to carry a pack that is higher than the top of my shoulders.  After this hunting season, I may reconsider and look at a Ute but , its hard to keep telling my wife I need so much gear!

New Post
6/13/2013 10:45 AM

Ah gotcha, but why not just carry the Umlindi lightly loaded so there is not need to carry a second pack?

60+ is external territory

New Post
6/16/2013 3:25 PM

any info on if there's a discount or anything if you buy this with a prairie belt? Umlindi + belt at full price would be $315 and in my mind it would just make more sense for me to do the full upgrade to the Ute for 80 bucks more. Although that throws out my idea of getting a bigger day pack with belt. I love my tarahumara if its just me hiking but with the dog I have to carry all its stuff (including dousing down water since SoCal heat). And then I carry some of my wife's stuff. And then an extra 3liters of water for weight because "screw it, I'm training for a Mt Whitney day hike this fall."

New Post
6/17/2013 7:15 AM

Is there any info with regards to the timeframe of the Umlindi being released?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindiUmlindi