Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKitting up an EMRKitting up an EMR
Previous

Next
New Post
1/30/2013 10:27 PM

In an attempt to get back on the trails with a weakened shoulder I've ordered an EMR Frame. I have a 20M on the way, and currently own a Tarahuma. I want to be set to put this thing to use when it arrives. 1) How do I attatch the HPG shoulder harness to my EMR frame? (I've not been able to attatch it to either my Scout or Zulu, though, I know others have done it. 2) is the compression kit necessary or important for a stable load? Any advice on setting up the frame for a good ride would be greatly appreciated, I so badly want to be able to get out.

EDIT: With the compression kit on, has anyone ever tried Slik-Kliping a long pocket onto the side of a pack? I like the mini for gloves/hats/gaitors.

Thanks and God bless,

Adam

New Post
1/31/2013 11:14 AM

There is no way besides permanently modifying your zulu to get our shoulder harness to work. On the other two it is as easy as a couple of straps replacement.  Just shoot an email to info@hillpeoplegear.com requesting the straps from us.

I will let others answer on the compression kit. Be aware that what we have in stock is all we have left for the compression kit.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
1/31/2013 1:06 PM

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I got a harness on order for the EMR and have sent ya'll an email. Since it sounds like the compression kit is a sorta limmited time deal I tossed out an order for one of those. I'd rather be able to ensure a stable load.

Anybody got any life-lessons for using a Hauler in this manner?

God bless,

Adam

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKitting up an EMRKitting up an EMR