Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich pack bag size for Kifaru MMR frame?Which pack bag size for Kifaru MMR frame?
Previous

Next
New Post
10/15/2012 6:47 AM

I'm looking at purchasing a packbag for my MMR frame. From the specs on the pack bag pages, it looks like the 20M (with height of 20"), not the 25M (with height of 25") would fit better on an MMR with 24" stays. If both fit, has anyone had better luck with one or the other fitting better? Does the 20M leave enough room on top of the MMR frame to allow a mounted pouch on top of it, attached to the frame?

Nevermind...I found some more info on the "Other Products" page stating the 25M is meant for the Kifaru MMR frames. I was just looking at the individual product pages when trying to purchase it online.

New Post
10/15/2012 12:07 PM

You are correct the 25m was designed with the thought of 24-26" stays in mind.  Although the way the bags take their mounting location off the top you could also put them on a shorter frame, but you would have some left over bag hanging below the frame at the bottom.  You could put the 20m on the MMR, but you would have space below the bag, and the straps that secure the bottom of it will be crossing the back pads instead of going under them. 

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich pack bag size for Kifaru MMR frame?Which pack bag size for Kifaru MMR frame?