Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRunners Kit + Kydex HolsterRunners Kit + Kydex Holster
Previous

Next
New Post
8/28/2012 3:33 PM

First thing's first..... I LOVE my Runners Kit Bag. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

I bought it expressly for the purpose of carrying my handgun while running. So I tried out the Vanguard idea, but I found that the pistol bounced around too much for my liking, even if I secured the Kydex tightly to the dummy loop. I noticed that bag came with the soft side of velcro installed, so that got me thinking.....

I basically made a 'half-holster' from .08" Kydex, installed a single eyelet (.25"), and attached the rough side of some heavy duty velcro to the back of the kydex. Through the eyelet I looped some 550 cord as a backup in case the velcro breaks loose during drawing the gun.

The gun now stays securely in place without bouncing while I run. I also made sure the gun is at the correct angle to draw quickly and comfortably if needed.

Here are some pics with my M&P Shield 9mm........ and if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks guys for a great product!!

Jason

New Post
8/29/2012 7:02 PM

Looks great Jason.  I just got my Snubby kit bag today.  One of my worries was that my Kahr PM9 would be too small and bounce around while running.  I haven't ran with the kit yet, but it is a little small for the compartment so I think I'll get some movement.  I put my gun in a neoprine IWB holster for now.  It gives it a tighter fit in the pocket and doesn't seem to move.  It will be hard to draw quickly, but that's okay for now.  I can throw the G23 or G27 in if I need to.  I'm impressed with the design and quality of the kit bag.  I like the harness set up.  I was running with a SOE PALs rig and it was too noisy and bounced around too much.  I'll have to report back after getting some runs in with this one.  Thanks HPG!

New Post
8/30/2012 7:27 AM

Rico801 wrote

Looks great Jason.  I just got my Snubby kit bag today.  One of my worries was that my Kahr PM9 would be too small and bounce around while running.  I haven't ran with the kit yet, but it is a little small for the compartment so I think I'll get some movement.  I put my gun in a neoprine IWB holster for now.  It gives it a tighter fit in the pocket and doesn't seem to move.  It will be hard to draw quickly, but that's okay for now. 

Does the Snubby have the soft side of velcro on the inside like the Runners does?

If you want, send me a private mesage with your mailing address and I'll send you one of these for a PM9. I do have a PM9 blue gun, so I can get an exact fit.

New Post
8/30/2012 11:13 AM

Nice idea. I too found that the gun bounced around inside the Kit Bag too much while running. My Kit Bag is one of the older models without the velcro, so I just sewed a piece of loop fabric in. Now I can just use a normal velcro holster.

New Post
8/30/2012 11:44 AM

ROCity Holsters wrote

Rico801 wrote

Looks great Jason.  I just got my Snubby kit bag today.  One of my worries was that my Kahr PM9 would be too small and bounce around while running.  I haven't ran with the kit yet, but it is a little small for the compartment so I think I'll get some movement.  I put my gun in a neoprine IWB holster for now.  It gives it a tighter fit in the pocket and doesn't seem to move.  It will be hard to draw quickly, but that's okay for now. 

Does the Snubby have the soft side of velcro on the inside like the Runners does?

If you want, send me a private mesage with your mailing address and I'll send you one of these for a PM9. I do have a PM9 blue gun, so I can get an exact fit.

Yes, it has a thin strip of the soft stuff down the middle.  I think they are the same other than dimensions? 

New Post
8/30/2012 12:47 PM

pigmonkey wrote

Nice idea. I too found that the gun bounced around inside the Kit Bag too much while running. My Kit Bag is one of the older models without the velcro, so I just sewed a piece of loop fabric in. Now I can just use a normal velcro holster.

Looks good... well done for a DIY solution that anyone could do to their own

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRunners Kit + Kydex HolsterRunners Kit + Kydex Holster