Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRain Covers?Rain Covers?
Previous

Next
New Post
3/22/2019 7:15 AM

What rain coivers do you guys use, if any?

I have a Ute and it would be great if there was one that fit exactly, or at least close. 

I know most people these days just have internal waterproof bags for all their gear, but I like to double up, as a soaking wet bag adds extra pounds and can get other stuff wet. Probably not an issue in dry CO as here in the pseudo-rainforests of NC, but a concern for me. 

New Post
3/22/2019 11:14 AM

I've used a sil-nylon cover made by Granite Gear, but the most effective one I have is an old Dana Design hooded cover that Dana Gleason has reintroduced under the MR label.

New Post
4/15/2019 4:50 PM

I used my 80L REI cover I had and it fit very well over my Ute with a foam sleeping pad strapped on top. But I am paranoid about wet gear. https://www.rei.com/product/118869/rei-co-op-ducks-back-rain-cover-80-liters

New Post
4/15/2019 8:53 PM

I'm in the PNW, so I'm a fan of both stuff in dry bags, and a bomber rain cover for the pack and the pack being coated with as much DWR spray as it will hold.

My big pack cover is a Sea To Summit that will fit over my 80L Osprey and came in a nondescript dark green. My smaller pack cover is made by Eberlestock. It is blaze orange on one side and one of the camo patterns du jour on the other. It has room to spare when covering an Umlindi. I'm not sure if it would stretch to fit a Ute, but they might make one that does.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRain Covers?Rain Covers?