Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston House PackAston House Pack
Previous

Next
New Post
6/15/2016 8:55 AM

As some of you may have read in my previous thread, I was looking for a pack that could do quite a bit and was looking for suggestions. Most of you suggested the Umlindi some of you the Ute and very few the Aston House Pack.

I went with the Aston House pack and I'm so glad that I did. What a versatile, comfortable and convenient pack. I have had it for about 4 or 5 months and I literally love it more every day. I have since bought a Ute as well and while I see this pack being used a lot when hunting season opens I don't foresee my Aston House pack being anywhere except either on my back or within arms reach until then.

I recently made a video with an in depth look at The Aston House Pack if anyone is interested here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rLc...

New Post
6/15/2016 10:00 AM

Nice vid!  Is that the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Cackalacka I am seeing at the beginning of the video?  I was down there last fall for the Overland Expo East.  Pretty country there.  

Incidentally, one edit....the Aston House was the place during WW-II that built sabotage devices, explosives, and clandestine weapons for the British Special Operations Executive (SOE), for our own Office of Strategic Services (OSS), and their split-off elements the Jedburgh Teams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...).  True bad-asses in every sense of the phrase.  Today's Army Special Forces Groups and other Special Operations draw direct lineage to them.  The Aston House's efforts contributed significantly to the Allies winning the war.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/16/2016 7:10 AM

Yes it is! I am from Asheville NC. Definitely a gorgeous place to live.

Thanks for filling me in! Very cool history indeed that I should have researched more than I did.

New Post
6/16/2016 7:37 AM

koda wrote:
Yes it is! I am from Asheville NC. Definitely a gorgeous place to live.

Thanks for filling me in! Very cool history indeed that I should have researched more than I did.

It's all good!  The history of that place and the units associated with it isn't really that widely known.   It was still a very cool video that did the pack fine!  

Aston House was also known as Station 12, and there is actually a book available about it now.  Below is a teaser synopsis about the book from Amazon:

The full story of Aston House in the Second World War has never been told before. Its activities were top secret and as important to the war effort as Bletchley Park, but in a different way. Situated near Stevenage, Aston House was one of many British country houses requisitioned during the Second World War by the Special Operations Executive (SOE). Known as Station 12, its task was to design and supply special weapons and explosive devices for sabotage operations against the enemy. The scientific and military personnel at Station 12 invented, made and supplied 'toys' such as plastic explosives, limpet mines, pressure switches, tree spigots, incendiary bombs, incendiary liquids and arrows, and a variety of time fuses for the Resistance, Commandos, Special Boat Service and SAS. In the grounds of Aston House were magazines for the explosives and sheds in which to handle them, large storehouses for incendiaries and all the rest of the 'toys', and workshops for experimentation and manufacture. Station 12 designed and made up special explosive charges tailored for specific tasks or operations, including such famous special operations as the Bruneval and St-Nazaire raids, the assassination of SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich, and the attack on the Telemark heavy water plant in Norway.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/16/2016 10:44 AM

Pretty sweet video, I dug the music.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/17/2016 3:17 PM

scothill wrote:
Pretty sweet video, I dug the music.

Thanks man!

New Post
6/17/2016 3:44 PM

Having just spent a day editing a new video, I really appreciate your editing.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/25/2016 7:31 PM

evanhill wrote:
Having just spent a day editing a new video, I really appreciate your editing.

Haha thanks. Part of the fun for me.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston House PackAston House Pack