Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG/ Dark Angel Medical KitHPG/ Dark Angel Medical Kit
Previous

Next
New Post
1/16/2016 12:08 AM

Since I got my Wilderness First Responder Certification (WFR) a couple years ago I've probably been through a dozen variations of a backcountry med kit. Mostly been putting together my own based on what I felt was most valuable from the class. I've looked at a lot of the pre-made kits too, a lot just looked too big and bulky for me to want to carry around all day. This HPK/ DA kit is just the ticket though. Weighing in at 6.88 OZ (195 g) itself, I was able to add a SAM splint and roll of Coflex/ Vetwrap all for 12.75 OZ (362 g). That covers the vast majority of potential backcountry injuries that one could be expected to treat on their own with stuff they're carrying in a package about the size of a med GP pouch. Yes there's lots of other stuff you could bring, but you're adding weight and taking up space for not much extra capability. If I were on a SAR team (I'm looking into what's available in my area) I'd carry more as well. But that's also knowing I'm going into a situation that will likely require providing aid.

At the end of the day, get yourself trained, and get the tools necessary that just might save a life someday. 

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG/ Dark Angel Medical KitHPG/ Dark Angel Medical Kit