Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralMega Lite or My Trail Pyramid 4Mega Lite or My Trail Pyramid 4
Previous

Next
New Post
9/10/2016 5:35 PM

My apologies in advance if this has been discussed, my search fu may be weak.

I'm looking for a 4 person tent and have narrowed it down to these two. It will be used by 2 adults, 2 children a few times a year and 1 adult 2 children the remainder. We'll be car camping or traveling by canoe/kayak for any trip using the tent. East coast camping so the bug net is necessary. Seeking any input from the hive. My understanding is My Trail is a continuation of sorts of Golite. The Mega is a proven design but the My Trail has a bigger footprint on paper. Trying to keep the budget for this one under $500. Thanks!

New Post
9/11/2016 8:51 PM

I have both a Black Diamond MegaLite and a GoLite Shangri La 5. The MegaLite is too small for two adults and two children unless you're all tiny. As soon as the winds blow the sides billow inwards and you lose that much more usable space. My family of four can still fit into a SL5, and that's with two teenagers who are nearly as big as me. I like the MegaLite for one or two because it has a smaller footprint but I've taken the SL5 on solo trips just due to the extra headroom.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralMega Lite or My Trail Pyramid 4Mega Lite or My Trail Pyramid 4