Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHillebergHilleberg
Previous

Next
New Post
4/3/2016 2:58 PM

SuperBadger wrote:

I have been considering purchasing a new 4 season shelter for 2-3 person use. I have been using a Go-Lite shangri-la 4 for some time, but I find that it's too cramped for 2 people in the winter, and the sloping sides really cut into the useable floor space. 

I am considering getting a semi-free standing shelter such as the Hilleberg Nallo 4GT, as I believe the tubular design and more vertical walls would give a bit more space inside. Also, when I need to have the option of a floored shelter (car camping with my girlfriend, bugs, etc) I can use the removable inner tent, making it a bit more versatile. 

Does anyone have any experience with these shelters? I am thinking the 4 person with GT vestibule could be nicely modified to take a wood stove, and may give plenty of room for sitting inside, although not standing. 

I read a review here that seemed to be favorable, and had some pretty promising weight specs (w/o the inner tent, of course)

"Superbadger,

Right now I'm also in the process of finding that perfect 2-3 person shelter (4 in a pinch). I've read with interest the comments on this thread as well as the BPL review of the Nallo you provided the link to. I'm curious to know where your search for a new tent led you. Have you found what you were seeking? 

Right now I'm leaning towards a Hilleberg Keron 4. I'm thinking that with 2 vestibules  I would not need the GT option. 

Anything you learned in the process of your search or information sources you found would be much appreciated if you were to share it.

Thanks.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralHillebergHilleberg