Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMountain SerapeMountain Serape
Previous

Next
New Post
7/23/2014 11:05 PM

I've used mine on about four trips so far and I love it. It's worked great as a supplement to my sleeping bag and lately I've sweated my tail off when just using it as a blanket. I can't believe how warm it is and I appreciate being able to wear it as a poncho during the cold mornings. I'll be buying one for my wife soon before she steals mine.

New Post
7/28/2014 6:26 PM

I can't recall if this question has been answered elsewhere in this thread. If it has, I apologize. Can the Mountain Serape be used as an under quilt in a hammock?

Thanks.

New Post
7/29/2014 7:41 AM

I know it has, but can't remember if it was in this thread or another.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/31/2014 8:44 AM

Found it!
Thanks.

New Post
8/21/2014 12:14 PM

Good news, Serape production out of the same US manufacturer will continue through the end of the year.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
10/18/2014 7:42 PM

Any word on an ETA for the Serape being back in stock?

New Post
10/20/2014 5:56 AM

Here's the deal on Serapes -- The guy in charge of materials for the Serape missed the boat and let the plant run out of zippers. That knocked us out of production for about 6 weeks. In the meantime, we've gotten two decent sized government orders for Serapes. One of them is getting precedence over most of the civilian wait list folks because it's been outstanding for 2 months now. The other we'll let slip a little bit but it is affecting things.

On the bright side, the US plant that has been producing Serapes will be staying open for the foreseeable future. Also, one of the main people who was working for that plant went to work for First Spear and is now in charge of the Serape project. I expect to get very good results with her in charge. I've already watched her expedite one part of the process last week in a way that I don't think would have happened without her being in that role. I'm going to be working with her today and tomorrow to try to nail down a good quantities and dates schedule so we can get just as many as we can pushed through as quickly as possible. I really think it's possible that we'll have plenty of them available by the middle of next month. I'll have a better read on that sometime this week.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
10/20/2014 9:24 PM

Thanks for the update. I was just curious. I own five other HPG products and absolutely love them. I look forward to getting my hands on a serape. 

New Post
10/21/2014 2:06 PM

Thanks for the straight up answer on the serape ETA evan....I haven't heard much about them oveer her in the u.k so I'm looking forward to trying mine out
I reckon i'v been buying gear long enough to tell a gimmick from a genuinely useful piece of kit and I can see me getting a lot of use out it
Seems absolutely perfect for our climate

One question
Does anyone know what the hammock under pad thread is called "kevhans" is referring too

Cheers......adam

New Post
10/21/2014 7:56 PM

Hello, Adam.
I had to go back and reread my post as I wasn't even sure what an under pad is.
My question should read "under quilt."
I will edit it to say that.
Thanks.
Kevin

New Post
10/22/2014 12:25 AM

Hi kev
I just thought "underpad" was what you americans called an under quilt lol

I weren't trying to correct you though mate, I was just wanting a look at the under quilt thread you found
Because it was something I intended to try. If its already been done successfully then it just proves again what a versatile little doohicky the serape is

.....adam

New Post
10/22/2014 12:40 PM

Adam,,
I can't remember where the thread is located. It was either a post earlier in this thread, or it is a separate thread. Sorry I can't be more help. If I run across it I will relay the info on to you.
Kevin

New Post
11/9/2014 4:11 PM

You guys sticking with the RG or multicam color scheme for the new run?

New Post
11/10/2014 8:46 AM

We haven't changed colors. They will still be available in Ranger Green or Multicam/Ranger Green.

New Post
11/13/2014 9:58 PM

I tried lookong thru all the post here for my last question. I did find most of the info I needed. only one last question, will there be any adverse effects to the serape if left compressed in the stuff sack for very long periods? I know for other types of gear its not best to store compressed

New Post
11/14/2014 9:20 AM

In general, anything with "fluffy" insulation should never be stored for long periods compressed. It degrades its insulation properties. This includes sleeping bags, puff jackets, serapes, woobies, etc.... It is best to store hanging loose or in a in a large cotton like sack that allows it to remain in an uncompressed state.

New Post
11/22/2014 10:31 AM

Roll up, roll up....get em while their hot!

Just this minute ordered my serape, just In time for winter.....can't wait to try it out

New Post
11/22/2014 6:26 PM

Mine gets delivered tomorrow. I kept checking the website until it popped up as in-stock. Can't wait to try it out.

New Post
12/2/2014 1:42 AM

I realize this would be difficult to do, but i would use the shit out of a serape that was multicam alpine/kryptek yeti/or just plain white on one side. It would really be awesome to not pack my overwhites.

The more i use my multicam one, the more i love it.

New Post
12/2/2014 2:04 PM

Having a side in a white pattern would be awesome.  I wonder if it is reasonable to incorporate the new multicam patterns?  

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMountain SerapeMountain Serape