Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bags With GoRuck Gear?Kit Bags With GoRuck Gear?
Previous

Next
New Post
2/6/2019 10:58 AM

Quick question for the group. I'm looking at various kit bags for holstering a Glock 19. I do quite a bit of rucking in public areas and have a few of the Goruck Rucker bags that I use with a chest strap and padded hip belt. 

Anyone on the forum have experiencewith the HPG kit bags and go ruck gear? I would ultimately like to secure the kit bag to the sternum strap if possible. Do others ear the kit bag harness under their ruck? 

Thanks in advance,

Richard

New Post
2/6/2019 2:14 PM

I looked at the pictures of go rucks bags and it looks like you can attach the kit bags to the web strapping on the padded shoulder harness of the ruck bag. Or you can run the kit bag with it's straps and transfer some to the load to the goruck straps. In attaching my HPG kit bag to multiple different bags, you can do it but it's not that comfortable when it's lower than your sternum strap. Put a picture up of your bag and I am sure others will chime in.

New Post
2/7/2019 9:58 AM

I guess I am not tracking are you wanting to use the kit bag stand alone without the harness? The kit bag is designed to be worn under the pack. Think of the kit bag as your baselayer you are always wearing and then your coat (pack) goes on over it only when you need the extra stuff/capacity. That means you always have your stuff with you, and have a way to carry it without always having your pack on/with you. If you run it without the harness then it kind of negates that benefit. It will work find under the GoRuck bags.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/7/2019 7:28 PM

It's good to know they will work under the goruck gear.. I guess I'm having a hard time visualizing it.. So then what are the grimlocks for? The product description says to hang from another bag.. Meaning for example MOLLE strips?

Thanks,

Richard

New Post
2/7/2019 7:45 PM

The grimlocks are an attachment point for the lifter straps, which in turn attach to your pack harness or load lifters. The lifters stay attached to your pack, and when you put on your pack you connect them to the grimlocks, or
not your choice. What the do is unitize the two loads, providing a counterbalance for each. It also places more of the weight closer to your center of gravity which is where you want it. Some folks don't use them, I am personally a big fan.

As far as visualizing, imagine a tshirt and jacket. You wear the kit bag and then put your pack right over the top, just like a tshirt and jacket. It is pretty much that simple. The lifters are just a bit extra load carriage because the kit bag and pack weight more than a tshirt and jacket

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/23/2019 10:17 AM

I've had the load lifters on my GR1 a couple times for hikes, although they tend to stay on my more dedicated hiking bags. It works fine.

As @scotthill said, I'll put on the kit bag, put on the GR1, and attach the grimlocs to the load lifters… just helps a bit for a longer trek. That means that if I'm going to doff the pack to get at a snack or a jacket, I just unhook the grimlocs, and my kit bag stays snug and safe against my chest.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bags With GoRuck Gear?Kit Bags With GoRuck Gear?