Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Dimensions?Snubby Dimensions?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/22/2012 12:43 PM

flyfishMT69 wrote

Will it fit a Glock 20?

Spran is correct it will not fit a G20.  The Glock in the picture above is a G19, and as you can see if any of the dimensions on it were bigger it would not fit.  The Snubby is an awesome little bag, but it is a little bag. If you are trying to carry a fullsize pistol, but want the smallest dimensions possible you need to look at the Runner's or Recon if you want pals.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/26/2012 1:37 PM

Pilot7 wrote

Hi, would like to know if the g19 with a surefire x300 will fit? Realy need it for night carry. Thanx.

That Surefire is a large light.  Has anyone tried a Glock 19 with a TLR3?  I'm happy with my KU Koala, but that thing looks like a suitcase hanging off the chest of my 120# daughter, and she really needs a chest pack.

New Post
8/26/2012 3:43 PM

I don't think a G19 with anything on it will fit. We designed it with an upper tolerance of a slick G19.  So don't hold your breath on fit. 

I think the Koala would look like a suitcase on anyone. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excuse me while I whip this out.

New Post
9/1/2012 5:02 PM

We were wrong about the G19 with TLR3. Fits just fine into a Snubby.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/6/2012 11:30 AM

The little Snubby is an excellent piece of kit.  I think making it like a mini-kit bag, IE, two pockets plus the handgun compartment would be useful for smaller folks (the ladies).  An alternative would be adding PALS like you did to the runners kit bag.

New Post
9/6/2012 11:34 AM

Take-a-knee wrote

The little Snubby is an excellent piece of kit.  I think making it like a mini-kit bag, IE, two pockets plus the handgun compartment would be useful for smaller folks (the ladies).  An alternative would be adding PALS like you did to the runners kit bag.

That is definitly an idea that has been discussed as well as some variations on the theme.  At this point our new product focus is elsewhere. 

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
12/14/2012 6:36 PM

We've had one user report that a G19 with Trijicon HD sights had the zipper a little tight around the rear sight. Not so big of a deal that he wanted to move up to a larger bag, but something you might like to know when making your own decision.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/3/2013 5:26 PM

Does anyone know if a 3" Ruger GP100 with the original small grips will fit in the Snubby?  I am currently carrying my wife's 2 1/4" SP101 but would like the 3" GP if it will fit.

Thanks,

Chuck

New Post
6/27/2013 1:03 PM

How about a 15rnd, or 17rnd mag in a glock 23/19? After reading this thread I would assume that would be too tall, but Glock lists their G22 as being 5.43", and the snubby lists at 6". maybe I'm not adding enough for stretch?

New Post
6/27/2013 1:19 PM

I guess I am a bit confused. The G19 takes a 15rd magazine standard, and Evan posted a picture above.  I don't think a 17rd from a G17 will fit even in a G19.  I am not up on all the Glock model designations, but if the G23 is the same size as the G19 it will fit with standard magazine.

New Post
6/28/2013 7:10 PM

scothill wrote

I guess I am a bit confused. The G19 takes a 15rd magazine standard, and Evan posted a picture above.  I don't think a 17rd from a G17 will fit even in a G19.  I am not up on all the Glock model designations, but if the G23 is the same size as the G19 it will fit with standard magazine.

I think Scot is tired, not confused. He's the one who gave me a 17 mag as a spare for my 19. I just checked, and a G19 with a 17 mag in it won't fit in a Snubby.

New Post
7/3/2013 7:25 AM

evanhill wrote

scothill wrote

I think Scot is tired, not confused. He's the one who gave me a 17 mag as a spare for my 19. I just checked, and a G19 with a 17 mag in it won't fit in a Snubby.

I guess I did word that poorly.

New Post
8/18/2013 3:35 AM

Hello, all.  New guy here, making my first post.  I only recently heard of Hill People Gear and have been reading like crazy trying to learn all I can.  I actually discovered the the company while doing some research, trying to find a product that ultimately is the Runners Kit Bag!  My question is this- does anyone here carry an HK P30S in the Snubby?  From the measurements it seems like it should fit, and the gun is dimensionally very close to the size of the Glock 19.  I'm thinking of rolling the dice and trying the Snubby; if the P30S won't fit then I'll still use it for my Beretta Nano.  If anyone here can verify that the P30 will or won't fit it would sure help me out.

Either way I may end up getting a second one.  The larger Runners or Recon Kit Bags look great for camping!  I'd love to be able to tote my HK USP45 Tactical w/Surefire X300 Ultra in a chest rig.

New Post
8/18/2013 12:35 PM

I haven't tried one, but my guess is it won't fit, but that is just a guess.

New Post
8/19/2013 2:12 AM

scothill wrote

I haven't tried one, but my guess is it won't fit, but that is just a guess.

Drats!  Since I just placed the order, and the Snubby I wanted is backordered, do you think I could email you folks and change my order to get the regular Runners Kit Bag instead?  It would suck to get the bag and not be able to get my main CCW sidearm to fit.

Thanks for the reply.  I thought from the measurements that it would fit, but seeing my P30 next to a G19 in a photo makes me think you're right.  Grip is probably too long.

New Post
8/19/2013 11:16 AM

Grip length was what I was thinking of, and yes we can adjust things. I already did actually.

New Post
8/20/2013 9:35 AM

The  P30 will fit in the snubby but as others stated I find mine hangs on opening on the rear sight. I really think the snubby is best  for subcompacts if you want to access the gun quickly. You can definitely carry a G19 or P30 in a snubby but it is not quick access in my experience. (edit. My Glocks all wear Warren sights, a lower profile may be fine)

I wrestled with this yesterday, I'm in the mountains for a week of fishing and ended up bringing the Runners Bag to carry a G19 or G20. On a different note and I'll post more when I return, but my Tara is carrying 4 8-12 foot rods with no problem.

New Post
8/21/2013 3:29 AM

vaspence wrote

The  P30 will fit in the snubby but as others stated I find mine hangs on opening on the rear sight. I really think the snubby is best  for subcompacts if you want to access the gun quickly. You can definitely carry a G19 or P30 in a snubby but it is not quick access in my experience. (edit. My Glocks all wear Warren sights, a lower profile may be fine)

I wrestled with this yesterday, I'm in the mountains for a week of fishing and ended up bringing the Runners Bag to carry a G19 or G20. On a different note and I'll post more when I return, but my Tara is carrying 4 8-12 foot rods with no problem.

Thanks!  I appreciate feedback from someone that has tried it.  Luckily, the good folks at HPG allowed me to change my order.  Tracking says my new Runners Kit Bag should be here tomorrow!  Ultimately I think getting the larger size is the way to go, and with luck my HK USP45 Tactical will fit, too.  I've been wanting to find a way to CCW it while camping.  Better a little more space than I need vs too little.

While I expect the Kit Bag will rock by itself I couldn't resist getting a velcro holster from ITS Tactical to try with it.  If I don't like it or if it's superfluous it was only $15.  It's hard to get it thru my "old school" skull that a gun can be safe without a 'proper holster' but I'm going to try.

New Post
9/14/2013 6:24 PM

hausy wrote

Does anyone know if a 3" Ruger GP100 with the original small grips will fit in the Snubby?  I am currently carrying my wife's 2 1/4" SP101 but would like the 3" GP if it will fit.

Thanks,

Chuck

I was finally able to obtain a Lett compact grip for the GP100.  The 3" does fit the Snubby KB with this grip.  A speed loader fits nicely below the barrel.  This will be my new set up for hiking.

New Post
10/7/2013 2:18 PM

I've got a friend that is thinking about getting one of these and was wondering if he can fit these items in it:

Glock 19 with a couple of mags, cell, and maybe GPS, and some mID/passport

I have the original Kit Bag and also the recon model.....I now this stuff would fit in both of those.  Not sure about the Snubby.  Will these fit, or would he be better off with the KB, Recon, or Runner's?

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Dimensions?Snubby Dimensions?