Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGShoulder Harness VS Pocket HarnessShoulder Harness VS Pocket Harness
Previous

Next
New Post
2/16/2019 3:28 PM

Hi there,

Im trying to figure out what the main difference is between the regular shoulder harness and pocket harness V2.  

More specifically, could I take the shoulder harness off of my Umlindi pack and attach it to a tarapocket for individual use (quick day hike, etc) or would I need to purchase an additional pocket harness to make this happen?

Any information (pictures welcomed) would really help!

Thanks in advance,

Taylor

New Post
2/16/2019 3:41 PM

The pocket harness has thinner foam, non-adjustable sternum strap, no triglides, lacks the center mounting buckle, and most importantly for your uses comes set up for quick attach and detach. You can switch the regular between items, but it takes more time and work. In the field my recommendation is to just compress your Umlindi and use it as your day pack.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGShoulder Harness VS Pocket HarnessShoulder Harness VS Pocket Harness