Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich kit bagWhich kit bag
Previous

Next
New Post
2/12/2019 8:52 AM

I recently attended training with a guy using one of your kit bags.  I want one.  Having a hard time deciding which to get.  I would use it to house the following in some combination or another (Not necessarily all at once):
-G19 or G43x
-1 Spare mag
-3" Benchmade folder
-Tourniquet
-Compass
-Cell phone (Android) and small powerpack
-Streamlight protac1l
I will use most while running, hiking, hunting.  I'm thinking the original?  Recommendations?

I see they are out of stock, can I get on a waiting list for an original?

Thank you much!

Jon

New Post
2/12/2019 10:25 AM

I think you are on the right track. I typically recommend the Heavy Recon or Original to first time buyers who are undecided, and which one depends on if they want to be able to add pouches. They have more space so you can experiment with what you want to carry and how. We have far more second kit bag buyers who start small than those who start with more space. The other thing is that a more loosely packed kit bag is going to be more comfortable. You could probably get all that in a Runner's or Recon, but it would be full and more brick like. You can always leave space and room in a bag, but you can't always add it.

To get on the notification list, email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com and ask to be on the notification list for x item in x color. Please send a separate email for each item as we maintain different notification lists.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/15/2019 7:29 PM

I have the HRKB set up for hunting’s d outside chores, an Original V2 grey ripstop for hiking and an original snubby as a first aid kit on my diaper bag. They really are very versatile.

New Post
2/16/2019 10:05 AM

I have both a snubby and an original. You won't get your load into a snubby. I carry my snubby most days out but only have a Kahr K40 (single stack pistol) w/mag, wallet and a single key. Even that seems a squeeze but it works. I love the small footprint but on days I wish to carry any more than that I go with the original.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich kit bagWhich kit bag